Friday, January 22, 2010

Lifestyle Change!

I am way excited that Andy decided to start this blog. I think it is a fantastic idea for all of us to share our progress, and keep each other motivated. I have started a few new things this year, and hopefully this will help me stick to them.

First off, Brett and I have started P90X again. We started it back in August, but we didn't make it through the entire program. We only made it through about the first month and a half, but we did see some very GREAT results. We kind of slacked off (especially around the holidays), but we have started faithfully again in January. We have almost finished our 3rd week, and both of us are starting to see the results again.

Along with P90X, my mom and I go to CrossFit regularly. At CrossFit we just started this competition called Beauty in Strength Challenge. This challenge is not just a weight loss challenge, but an overall fitness and nutrition challenge. We started this last Sunday, so it has almost been 1 week. The challenge will end on March 17th. Everyday we have to keep a food log of everything we eat and all our activity. After two weeks, our trainer will sit down with us and go over our logs. From there he will give us advise on what we can do to improve. We also had to pick some CrossFit performance-related goals that we need to work on throughout the challenge. They also took before pictures of us so we can compare pictures at the end. I have an AWESOME partner, my mom, so I know we will do great.

I think one of the most important things I have to remember is that this just isn't something I am going to do for a couple months, this is a lifestyle change. Of course I won't be doing P90X and CrossFit together for the rest of my life, but I will definitely learn what I need to do to live a healthier life.

1 comment:

  1. lou, you are nuts for doing p90x and crossfit together. good luck and remember to double up on yoga whenever you can!

    ReplyDelete