Monday, February 22, 2010

A Very Inspirational Site

So here is a blog that I came across tonight about a girl who has lost 122 pounds. She is an avid runner and just an amazing inspiration. Here is her site:


I also came across some very helpful information about how to better become a runner. Just google 'from couch to 5k' and you will find a site that sets you up on a program to get running a 5k in a small amount of time.

As for me, I used to hate running. I am going to get back into the groove and start running though. What is hard for me:

Everyday I say will start to run tomorrow. Any tips for how to not waste my motivation would be greatly appreciated!

3 comments:

  1. Come up with a schedule and make yourself stick to it, just like all of the other things on your schedule. If it's just in the back of your mind you won't do it. Or you won't do it well. Schedule time to run, if the schedule for your 5k says to run 20 minutes or whatever write it on your calendar and tell yourself it is something you HAVE to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. I just looked at the blog and this girl is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to have a hard time getting to the gym but I started going at the same time every night. I found some other things to draw me to the gym like hip-hop aerobics and racquetball, and then once I'm there I will jump on the treadmill for a couple miles as well. After going almost every night for a week it really became routine and it wasn't even hard to get myself to go. It worked for me!

    ReplyDelete