Monday, February 1, 2010

Knowledge is Key

I’m so fascinated with the human body. It’s so amazing what your body can do for you. We spend our entire life in the same body so lets be good to it. I am absolutely shocked at how little people know about a nutrition and what they are putting into their bodies. I am ALWAYS reading either a book on nutrition or exercise. Here are some books I have read recently and would recommend reading:


Get Stronger, Feel younger
By Wayne Westcott

The P90X Nutrition Plan

Body For Life
By Bill Phillips

The Best Life Diet
By Bob Greene

The Biggest Loser Fitness Program

Making the Cut
By Jillian Michaels

Are you Ready!
By Bob Harper

All of these books have a ton of good information in them!

I am currently reading :

Master Your Metabolism
By Jillian Michaels

A friend of mine recently gave me a copy of Nutrition for Dummies and if I had to pick one book that I think all of you should read THIS would be it.  Seriously, I can't put this thing down.  I have learned so much from just this one book.  I love this book because it is based on facts.  They aren't trying to promote a diet or exercise program.  This book goes into so much detail and I think of it as a manual for my body.

4 comments:

  1. I will have to get a copy of nutrition for dummies! Thanks for all the suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you have been busy getting educated about fitness! We are excited for you to share that knowledge here with all of us.

    We are so happy you have the internet now :)

    (Oh, this is Ash - not Andy)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops sorry Shelley I thought Darlene posted this! We are still excited for you to share your thoughts :)

    I just have to tell you that I looked at your blog a couple of days ago and you look GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree!!! The human body is fascinating. It really is amazing what our bodies can do. There are so many books out there on fitness and nutrition, Thanks so much for narrowing them down for us!

    ReplyDelete